Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spooner Advocate- Springbrook Column- March 13, 2014

Good afternoon friends- How are you liking this weather? I can tell you that I am so happy that the sun is out and things are melting a little. The geese have enjoyed playing in the yard! They say that we will be flooding this spring. I sure hope they are wrong on that! It does help that we are getting some melting now instead of all at once!

A big thanks goes to Wayne and Betty Tripp for helping me out all the time. You both are really the best neighbors I could ever ask to have around!  Sorry about having to borrow the car for various reasons! Also I will bring treats for Jake next time I come over!

Anyone in the Earl area find a black female cat? She was in our car and escaped when we opened the door. This happened the weekend of the pie sale at the Earl Church. If you see a black cat with a little white on her chest, friendly please give me a call as we really miss Feather. Thanks in advance.

Happy Birthday to all the folks born in March!  So far this month has been cold! Happy Birthday goes out to my Aunt Bonnie Lutz-Good, Grandma Diane Cutt, my brother-Lutius Davis, both of my nieces Bailey McAlpine and Cheyenne Horner!I hope each of you have a wonderful day! I sure hope you do something fun and exciting, with friends and family for your birthday. Remember we love you!

Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Commuity College has their Extension Program Calendar out for the month of Onaabani-giizis (March).March 15Apostle Islands Ice Cave tour, 9-4pm, March 17th- Happy St. Patrick's Day, March 19-Beading Circle, room 3015 from 5-8 pm, March 19- Bellydancing in the Auditorium from 5:30- 6:30, March 21Snow Shoe Hike at St. Peters Dome, leave the college at 9am, March 22 Winter Survival at the College farm from 9-4 pm, March 23- Winter Survival Hands-on at the College farm from 9-3pm, March 24- Youth in Agriculture at the College Farm from 4-7pm, All about seeds! Seed starting Basics at the college farm from 5-8pm. Please give Amber Marlow a call at the college to register for a class, she can be reached at 715-634-4790 ext 156, marlowa@lco.edu or on  Facebook           
 
It has been fun to see some people that I know at the classes at the College. Maria Golden and Susan Kuha come  to beading class! I like seeing you there!

Have a friend or family member that would be interested in the column? Maybe they live out of town? They can access the column on my blog on Thursdays, at www.twogirlsandagarden.blogspot.com .
 
 If you would like me to put something in the column send me your info to P.O. Box 172, Stone Lake, WI 54876-0172.  Did it come in like a roaring beast or what?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment