Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spooner Advocate- Springbrook Column, March 20, 2014

Good afternoon friends- Happy St. Patrick's Day. I hope everyone enjoys some corn beef and cabbage sometime this week.Please be careful out there on the roads as they will get slippery as we get the snow they are predicting. I am really sick of snow and man I just can not wait to get past May! I do have things to do in the house, like seed all the  plants for the Community Gardens on the 5 reservations as well as extra for the plant swap I am planning. I think the plant swap will be and of May first part of June. So I hope some other people are out there planting some extras so that they can come to the swap!

Anyone in the Earl area find a black female cat? She was in our car and escaped when we opened the door. This happened the weekend of the pie sale at the Earl Church. If you see a black cat with a little white on her chest, friendly please give me a call as we really miss Feather. Thanks in advance.

Went to the 11th Annual Indigenous Conference up on the White Earth reservation this last weekend. I presented on the work I do for the Community Gardens on the reservations. It was a great time of learning! Just want to say thank you to all the hard workers that put it together. Want to say a big thank you  to Zach for asking if I would present. It was great to share the vision we have for the different tribes over here. I was honored that you chose me my friend! Thank you to Winona LaDuke and the White Earth Tribe for having us.

Happy Birthday to all the folks born in March!  Happy Birthday goes out to my Aunt Bonnie Lutz-Good, Grandma Diane Cutt, my brother-Lutius Davis, both of my nieces Bailey McAlpine and Cheyenne Horner! I hope each of you have a wonderful day! I sure hope you do something fun and exciting, with friends and family for your birthday. Remember we love you!

Thanks to all that came out and went on the Apostle Island Ice Cave Tour! I heard that everyone had a good time.
I sure have heard a lot about all the visitors that they have had up there visiting. People from all over have been coming over to see them. I heard Brando, MN brought a bus load of people over to see them! Now that is a road trip! 

Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College has their Extension Program Calendar out for the month of Onaabani-giizis (March).March 17th- Happy St. Patrick's Day, March 19-Beading Circle, room 3015 from 5-8 pm, March 19- Bellydancing in the Auditorium from 5:30- 6:30, March 21Snow Shoe Hike at St. Peters Dome, leave the college at 9 am, March 22 Winter Survival at the College farm from 9-4 pm, March 23- Winter Survival Hands-on at the College farm from 9-3 pm, March 24- Youth in Agriculture at the College Farm from 4-7 pm, All about seeds! Seed starting Basics at the college farm from 5-8 pm. Please give Amber Marlow a call at the college to register for a class, she can be reached at 715-634-4790 ext 156, marlowa@lco.edu or on  Facebook           
 
It has been fun to see some people that I know at the classes at the College. Maria Golden, and Susan Kuha comes to beading class! I like seeing you there!

Have a friend or family member that would be interested in the column? Maybe they live out of town? They can access the column on my blog on Thursdays, at www.twogirlsandagarden.blogspot.com .
 
 If you would like me to put something in the column please contact me at twogirlsandagarden@hotmail.com, or send me your info to P.O. Box 172, Stone Lake, WI 54876-0172.  Did it come in like a roaring beast or what?? 


No comments:

Post a Comment