Saturday, August 23, 2014

Lost and Found: Finding Hope in the Detours of Life by Sarah Jakes



This was a very interesting book.I thought it might be really different as her father is a well known man, I thought that it would be more "religious" for lack of a better word!

Sarah was very down to earth and honest which I found very refreshing. I like that she explained what she was thinking as she did things and you could feel her struggle for making those decisions.She was brought up with a very religious family; which on the one hand can really make things hard. I think having this background is what kept her from totally straying away from those that she loved.I was happy to see that the family did not turn their back on her or her new family. They were there to support her but not to make her do things their way. She had to learn things in her own time as well as her own way.

I was glad that Sarah also showed that although people may claim to be religious, saved again people. They are still human, and are ready to pass judgement even when it is not their place to do so. You can feel the shame and pain that these people inflicted not only on Sarah but her whole family. I think we as humans think it is our right to judge and expect people to  act a certain way and when they don't they get their nose out of joint and think they they are better. What we fail to realize is that sin is sin, there is nothing in the bible that says one thing is better or worse than the other. So when a Christian gets righteous about someone having a child out of wedlock when they themselves are doing something as simple as a "little white lie". They are walking on slippery ground and should get straight with God.

If you can I would highly suggest giving this book a read. Thank you Bethany House Publishing for sending me a free copy. This is my honest opinion of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment